Monday, October 10, 2011

Ferry Ride - Batangas to Sabang, Philippines

This is the first set of many images that I will post from my recent visit to the Philippines. After more than five years in the US, I had the opportunity to revisit the country that I grew up in. The landscape has changed. Buildings have sprung up and my family's house now suffers structural damage from earthquakes.

Ultimately though, I was relieved to see how much has stayed the same. The smells of exhaust in the city and carabao in the province welcomed me home. But those posts will come later, since I am working chronologically. First comes our ferry ride to the dive resort we visited in Sabang, Mindoro, a large island in the Visays just south of Luzon.






Mom was none too pleased with the system they had worked out for us to exit the banka. It was steep.

No comments:

Post a Comment