Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Crossing the street today...


As I was walking home from class today I saw traffic backing up on S. College. Initially I thought it was some sort of fender bender since there were only a few police cars. Then an ambulance and a firetruck rolled in. As I got closer I saw a girl lying in the road and a driver's side mirror lying on the sidewalk. She had a broken leg, but I don't know the extent of her injuries otherwise.

I'm still uneasy about taking pictures in such situations. The ethics seem muddled. I mean, if it was my sister out there would I want people taking pictures of her? Honestly, I think it depends. The intent of the images and the attitude of the journalist are both key.

Student journalists taking down information from MUPD Captain Brian Weimer.

No comments:

Post a Comment